Junior Poultry Show
Judge: Frank Joseph
Entries must be submitted online
by September 16, 2017
Late entries will be accepted with a $25 penalty fee
All poultry (market and breeding chickens, turkeys, geese and misc. poultry) must have a health certificate from a veterinarian and must have a Pullorum – Typhoid Act of 1977 test reporting or obtain a NPIP VS Form 9-3, and NPIP Form 15 from the hatchery where the poultry was purchased.
The Texas A&M Poultry Tester will no longer test any New Mexico poultry at the show.
Entry will consist of single or pen of three (3). Each exhibitor will be limited to three (3) entries per class.
Only eligible 4-H and FFA members are allowed to enter. All entries must be certified by an Ag Science Teacher, 4-H Leader, and/or County Extension Agent.
All exhibits must have been owned by exhibitor by July 1, 2017, except broilers which must have been raised by the exhibitor or owned for at least 45 days.
Exhibitors must care for their exhibits and furnish substantial feed and water containers. They must be removed at the completion of the show.
Exhibitors must be present at time of judging. Judge(s) will explain reasons for poultry placement.
A single or pen of three Market Poultry - no sex discrimination of pen of three (3) (breeding). A pen of three (3) may not be separated or divided.
A maximum of twelve (12) birds will go to auction. Only 1st and 2nd place in Classes 19000 through 19007 and the Best in Show Breeding Poultry will be eligible for the sale. Superintendent and board will determine number of animals eligible for sale.
The Superintendent of the Poultry Division and/or the judge may declare and establish new classes in the Poultry Division where:
• There are more than two (2) birds in the breed or hybrid class
• Quality merits a special class
• Any other reason deemed appropriate
Champion will be given only in those classes that quality warrants this will be at the discretion of the Judge.
- Hen or Cock - Bird over one (1) year of age
- Cockerel or Pullet - Bird under one (1) year of age
- Old Trio - One (1) Cock, two (2) Hens over one (1) year
- Young Trio - One (1) Cockerel and two Pullets under one (1) year
- Market Poultry - Single or Pen of Three (3) - no sex discrimination
- Breeding Poultry - Pen of Three (3) - one (1) male, two (2) female
Pen of three (3) cannot be divided or separated.
MARKET POULTRY - Eligible for Sale
- Class - Young Market Poultry
- 19000 - Broiler Pen 3-6 lbs., under 14 weeks
- 19001 - Turkey Single, Hen - over 8 lbs., under 9 months
- 19002 - Turkey Single, Tom - over 8 lbs., under 9 months
- 19003 - Duck - over 8 lbs., under 9 months
- 19004 - Goose - over 8 lbs., under 9 months
- 19005 - Special Market Fryer Pen - under 8 weeks (limit 3 entries per exhibitor)
BREEDING POULTRY - Not Eligible for Sale
- Class - Standard Chickens
- 19100 - Cockerel
- 19101 - Pullet
- 19102 - Cock
- 19103 - Hen
- 19104 - Young Trio
- 19105 - Old Trio
- Class - Bantam and Game Chickens
- 19200 - Cockerel
- 19201 - Pullet
- 19202 - Cock
- 19203 - Hen
- 19204 - Young Trio
- 19205 - Old Trio
- Class - Turkey
- 19300 - Tom (all ages)
- 19301 - Hen (all ages)
- 19302 - Pen (all ages)
- Class - Ducks
- 19400 - Drake (all ages)
- 19401 - Hen (all ages)
- 19402 - Pen (all ages)
- Class - Geese
- 19501 - Gander (all ages)
- 19502 - Pen (all ages)
- Class - Misc. Poultry (Peacocks,
Pheasants, Guineas, Quail)
- 19600 - Cockerel
- 19601 - Pullet
- 19602 - Cock
- 19603 - Hen
YOU MAY ALSO PRINT A COPY OF POULTRY - HERE
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org